Friday, April 8, 2011

Checklist

Sometimes I amaze myself at how Type A I've become. I LOVE lists of any kind and love making lists of my lists - I may need therapy.

I can finally say that the agenda of things to do before Cade's arrival is almost complete which makes this OCD mama very happy.

The room has been done for quite some time, but now. . .

- all the sweet, teeny-tiny clothes are washed, hung, and put away (I LOVE this sight in my laundry room. . . it's been too long!)

- blankets, burpcloths, bibs, etc. have been washed as well and tucked neatly in his dresser
- diaper bag is packed for the hospital
- I finally picked out the "coming home" outfit :)
- Pack-n-Play is assembled in our room complete with napper, changer, diapers, and wipes

- My bag is ready except for the last minute essentials
- New pajamas have been bought for the hospital stay :)
- Nursing bras, cover, etc. have been taken out of storage and washed
- Car seat and stroller have been cleaned. . . thank the Lord they didn't expire until May 2012!

- Thank you notes have been written (now to actually mail them)
- Cole's Big Brother gift from Cade has been bought and wrapped
- Big Brother/Little Brother shirts have been purchased and are ready for hospital picture snapping
- Easter basket goodies have been bought awaiting the Bunny's arrival
- Easter outfits for the boys have been purchased
- Easter/spring crafts are on their way from Oriental Trading to occupy my sweet four year old when Mommy needs a quick idea or break :)
- Plumbing has been fixed and new kitchen/bathroom faucets installed. Amazing what a little 'deadline' will do to get things moving!
- All bedroom closets have been organized, deep cleaning done, sheets/pillows washed, etc.
- Weeds have been pulled, shrubs trimmed, lawn seeded - let's just say the hubby has been nesting too!
- Vehicles have been cleaned; both inside and out
- Groceries have been purchased and freezer meals have been made
- Haircuts are complete
- All April bills have been paid
- MOPS duties have been delegated for the remainder of the year
- Meal sign-ups are being planned (praise the Lord for sweet friends and family!)
- Gifts have been bought and wrapped for upcoming showers and birthdays

Whew!
I could go on and on, trying to get every last detail complete; BUT I'm not so naive to think that just because a list is coming to an end that everything will be peachy when we bring our new blessing home. I know that there will be trials, adjustments, and probably a few tears as we transition from 3-4. Hmmm. . . maybe I could make a list about that. . .

2 comments:

Laura said...

Girl that list just wore me out reading about it! It's crazy what we put ourselves through to make sure everything is as perfect as can be... trust me I can relate. I am a huge list person too!:)6 more days... whoo hoo!

Mom said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I knew you had been busy, but not to this extent! Just ashame I don't still have this kind of energy to get things done here at home. You are such a great wife and mother---all your guys should feel very blessed. But, of course, you got all of this from me ;)! Love you!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com