Thursday, January 2, 2014
Hello 2014
We're two days into the New Year and I'm already feeling that it's gonna be good...real good. God is answering prayers (Michael did 3 appointments today...wha?!), closets are organized, toys have been given to others and new ones have a home, attic bins are sorted by seasons and labeled with little boy clothes sizes 0-4T, and I'm still enjoying the glow of my Christmas trees. Yep, that's right...ornaments and all folks. Not usually how I roll, but I figure if all the other decor is down and stored, might as well wait until garbage day to throw the tree to the curb (and maybe, just maybe, I'm having soft glowing light withdrawal). The boys have also stayed in their pajamas the past two days. Changing out of them only to take a bath and then put on clean pjs at bedtime. I love a routine, but these lazy days at home have me completely spoiled. School on Monday is gonna kick my tail...and I'm the teacher...I digress...
It also wouldn't be a new year without resolutions/goals/dreams and I love reading ones posted by family and friends. The popular healthy eating, exercise, grow closer in a walk with Christ, more time with family, decrease debt, etc. are all wonderful things - a few of which grace my list as well. I've also added some silly, serious, easy, hard, and scary goals, but I truly believe that the Lord has placed these on my heart and I know He is delighted in the big and small. I'm hoping to memorize more of His Word with friends at Smiles of Grace and A Holy Experience, compile my list of 1000 gifts (along with the daily Joy Dare), and live out my 2014 chosen word - 'Purpose'. I want to find purpose in the mundane activities of life and, on the flip, cut out those things that are just fillers. Things that would draw me away from the intentionality of living as a Christ follower, loving wife, and devoted mom of boys. I want to build relationships with the purpose of doing life together...encouraging one another as we walk the journey. Mother with the purpose of raising strong warriors for Christ that will take His name to the nations. Love my spouse with an unselfish and submissive purpose to serve. I anticipate all that the Lord will reveal and teach over the course of these next 363 days. Praying you savor it too and rest in the daily grace, joy, and LIFE only He can provide.
Little dudes are also getting into the spirit and we're making a time capsule to open on Dec. 31 of this year. Adding some fun items along with a questionnaire of memories/favorites from 2013 and packing it away with the Christmas decor for safe keeping. I think it will be the start of a new Johnson tradition!
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment