To celebrate the beginning of 2014 (and try to get my brain back in 'school' mode), the boys and I broke out the craft supplies, tablet paper, pencils and got to work.
First on the list was a Johnson time capsule. I found some cute,
free printables (tweaked the date) and reused a Pringles can for our container. Keeping it simple, we filled out the questionnaire, traced each boys' hands and feet, and measured their height with string. We'll pack it away with the Christmas decor and open it again on New Year's Eve 2014.
Next we raided the craft closet and the boys decorated a simple 2014 sign for our school space. Easy enough for Cade yet it allowed Cole to use his creative juices too.
 |
| Those eyelashes... |
Lastly, while Cade napped, Cole created this cute masterpiece.
I created the top page, cut between each number to create a lift-a-flap, and stapled tablet paper behind for writing practice. His answers were cracking me up!
 |
| 2 new goals for the year |
 |
| Something I want to stop doing...not that he EVER does this now ;) |
 |
| 1 new place that I'd like to visit...Lord willing, we'll be there in Sept.! |
 |
| 4 new things I want to learn. I think he's got reading covered. Now division...I might need a tutor for that. |
 |
| Precious |
He then decorated a face, party hat, and added a party blower.
Now I'm ready for some football and crock pot chili by the fire...fabulous Friday indeed!
1 comment:
Cute , cute, cute! We may be doing this fun activity tomorrow!
Post a Comment