Sunday, January 5, 2014

Brrrr!

This weather is cray.  When we exited church at noon it was a balmy 55 degrees.  Fast forward a few hours and tonight's low is 8 with a -12 windchill.  Cray.
Add a little precipitation into the mix and people are a mess.  Not a loaf of bread or gallon of milk to be found in the county.  It's how we Southerners roll.  Oh, and school is cancelled tomorrow...for cold weather.

Since we'll be cooped up for a few days, I thought we'd go ahead and give another new year goal a shot...potty train little dude.  For the past few weeks, if I could catch him hiding away (aka going #2), we'd rush to the potty and he'd gladly go.  We'd give stickers, praises, and an occasional treat, but let me tell ya...getting him to PEE in the potty is for the birds.  We've gone straight underwear the last few days (besides running errands, naps, etc.) and he's peed on the floor (thankful for hardwoods), in his room, and on my lap - that takes the cake I tell ya.  As he stands there pantless with wet legs, he simply says, "I wet!  Oh man!  Take Thomas off Mommy, he's sad...get Whitning Queen on?"  No shame - but extremely cute in big boy underwear.  If the next few days don't cut it, we'll ease off and try again.  I'd really, really love to kiss Pampers goodbye.



We've also broken out a few fun indoor things that I completely forgot we owned.  Cole found moon sand that he got three years ago in the bottom of a craft drawer.   For the life of me, I have no idea why I kept it since it's the messiest substance on earth...it rivals a beach in your living room.  We opened one when he received them years ago, played for 5 minutes and didn't even open the other two.  He's a little type A like his mama and we both couldn't stand the mess that ensued.  Well, he begged me to open them yesterday and low and behold they were still soft and perfect for play.  We laid out the picnic blanket and I let the boys go to town.  They LOVED it and played for close to an hour.  Guess Cade is rubbing off on big bro ;)









Cade also proved why I have hidden all of our scissors.




After nap time today, we pulled out a large Thomas painting tablet that had made it's way to the bottom of the toy box.  Perfect filler while mommy did laundry - my form of indoor fun (said no one ever).



Stay cozy, warm, and enjoy this artic blast.  And no worries, the shelves will be restocked by Wednesday for all of your shopping needs :)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com