Friday, January 24, 2014

The Greatest Show on Earth

Today was a GREAT day.  Not only was it Friday (heelllooo weekend!), but Michael and I finally got to enjoy the gift that we gave the boys for Christmas...tickets to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.

Over the years, we've wanted to take the boys, but either the circus crept up on us and we didn't get tickets, or it just wasn't a good time.  In December, I saw a flyer for the upcoming dates in the checkout aisle at Dollar Tree and Michael and I agreed that this would be such a fun present and surprise (anything besides a toy is a win in my book!).  Add to that the construction theme (that a certain digger/dumper lovin' 2 year old would enjoy) + 4 for $44 tickets my mom found in the ValPak coupon booklet + taking in all our own food and drinks = excellent family outing that didn't break the bank.  Both boys were old enough to enjoy the entire 2.5 hours to which Cole said, "this really is the greatest show on earth!".  I concur :)

Earlier in the week, we painted these masks I found at Dollar Tree.  We're ready to go!

Now that we've got circus fever, we'll definitely be back when it rolls around again.  Here are a few fun  photos that of course don't do justice to the live action, but hey, we tried :)

Clown came to visit us at our seats



To begin, we sang the 'Star Spangled Banner' 


Let the show begin!








Unicycle basketball game :)

High flying trapeze

Taming tigers - a favorite


Silly construction clowns



Boys vs. girls

Tightrope walkin'

and jumpin'


and ridin'

Cole's favorite...the human cannonball

there she goes!


These poodles were SO cute and funny

Elephants!












Completely mesmerized



Grand finale




Lunch at a downtown favorite  

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com