Time with my boys + yummy lunch at Phillip's Deli in Brentwood + warm weather = A MARVELOUS DAY!! Cole has been sick for the past few days, and we were going bananas staying in the house. Luckily he's doing better so we accompanied Michael on a drive-by appraisal in Brentwood today. I love that town...so many homes and farms with beautiful land to take in as you drive. The trees also seemed to be so much more vibrant there...I think these cool nights have done some good bringing about the reds, oranges, and yellows of fall. If I would've had my camera, we definitely would've pulled over and taken some candid shots of Cole in the leaves. They were breathtaking, especially on the small side roads with tree lined streets and the foliage creating a canopy overhead.
While there we stopped in Phillip's Deli for lunch. If you've never been, it's a must when you're in the area. The potato salad is amazing and all the wraps and sandwiches are yummy too. Just make sure you get the special dressing!
After lunch we headed to Phillip's Toy Mart to do some birthday/Christmas shopping for Cole. What a FUN store! It definitely trumps Toys-R-Us. We had so much fun playing with the train sets, working puzzles, building towers, and exploring every aisle.
Now that we're back home, the next thought is what's for dinner? Hmm...chicken and dressing sound pretty good...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have got the BEST chicken and dressing recipe I'll e-mail you! We had it 2 nights ago. I am loving the leaves too. I wish we could have a month of weather like today. Not too hot not too cold-just right!
That sounds wonderful! John and I are Brentwood junkies - it's like a mini-vacation, isn't it? We've never been there though so we'll have to go for sure!!
I'm glad that Cole was feeling better and you got lunch with your boys.
Post a Comment