My sweet Dad G went home to be with the Lord this morning at around 5:00 a.m. I spent the morning at the hospital with Mom G, my mom, dad, and Kyle (my brother). What a roller coaster of emotions. We have perfect peace that he is with his Savior...what a beautiful hope we have in Jesus Christ, but we are also grieving that we will no longer talk with, hug, kiss, or crack jokes with our precious Dad G.
For those of you that didn't know him, he was FULL of life. He was a natural salesman and would literally talk to a wall (that must be where I get it from...ha!). He owned National Stores which used to be on the square in Gallatin for many years. After he retired, he worked part time at Vic Jenkins and then Gibson's Furniture...only to stay in contact with the public and use his "selling" charm on all that walked through the doors. He would meet his buddies at the Dairy Queen for coffee and was a regular at the Lion's Club Luncheons. He always knew ALL the town business and if you ever had a question about anyone, just ask Dad G :-)
I am so thankful for all these memories and so many more that will surface as time goes on. I have realized by speaking with many of you what a blessing it was to have known my grandfather on such an initmate level and spend so much time with him over the years. He played a HUGE role in my life and I'm so thankful for the godly heritage he passed down to my father which passed down to me. What a beautiful example of the love of Christ...I'll never take that for granted again.
Please keep my family in your prayers over the next few weeks. The funeral should be Thursday, Cole's second birthday is Saturday, and then the holiday festivities begin. It will be so different/difficult for all of us this year. Pray specifically for my precious Mom G that the Lord will wrap His loving arms around her and fill her home with His comfort and peace.
(** If you haven't read my previous posts, please do so...it gives a little bit more of our journey over the past few days.)

6 comments:
Oh, Adrian! I read your previous posts this weekend, and I’ve prayed for you and your family countless times since. Peering into your present circumstance triggers a deep ache in my heart. I know that Divine peace blankets the grieving as Christians slip from this world into the abiding rest of God, but the sense of loss lingers. . . it’s difficult to adjust to the changing of life’s seasons, particularly when it means one we love, adore and respect is no longer tangibly in our midst. I trust that the Holy Spirit will continue to blanket you with peace that passes all understanding during this time. If we can help in any way, please let me know.
Know I love you girl and I am praying for you! Please call me if there is anything we can do. We'll be there next Wednesday.
Charis
Oh Hon,
I am so sorry to hear this news. I will be praying for you and your family!
Lots of love,
Joshua, Lizzy & girls
So sorry for your loss. You guys will continue to be in our prayers.
I love looking at the pictures and seeing a man who was full of life - remember that. Reading these last few blogs has made me sad for your family but you have been truly blessed to have such a great grandfather and friend.
I'm so sorry Adrian! I will pray for your sweet family right now, this week, and especially through the holiday season. We love you guys!
Post a Comment