Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's Paw-ty Time!

After such an emotional/hard week, it was great to CELEBRATE! I still can't believe that my sweet precious boy has turned two. How the years have flown by! I love the way Cole is growing and changing every day...what a beautiful gift the Lord has given Michael and I.
The festivities began on Friday morning, Cole's actual birthday. He woke up, watched a special show (we usually don't watch TV in the mornings) and ate a yummy b'day breakfast (doughnuts and apple muffins...a favorite). He then opened a couple of gifts from Michael and I. What fun it was watching him open the presents by himself! What a difference from last year's b'day/Christmas! It was so much FUN watching his little eyes dance as the paper was ripped away.
After getting ready, we headed to the salon for his first "official" haircut. It was supposed to happen earlier in the week, but with the other events taking place, it was pushed to Friday. Now, I have "trimmed" Cole's hair a few times myself (over the ears, the bangs, etc.) but it's never been cut professionally. I was expecting the crying b/c at home he doesn't like scissors. Well, I was right. He didn't like ANYTHING about the experience. He squalled and it took both Michael and I to keep him somewhat still. It was pitiful! The whole time I'm thinking...his hair is going to look awful - there's no way she's able to get a decent cut with all this crying and "dodging" of the scissors! Luckily, Janice (my hairdresser) proved me wrong. He looked so handsome, and so grown-up!
After this traumatizing experience, a birthday lunch was definitely in order. We met Papa and Gigi at McDonald's grab a bite to eat and let Cole play. We usually go to Chick-Fil-A, but thought we'd try something different. This was Cole's first time at McD's PlayPlace...he had so much fun!
The rest of the day was spent playing and getting ready for the party on Saturday. What a fun time we had! I went with a puppy theme since Cole LOVES puppies. I made puppy invitations, puppy cakes, and served dog shaped sandwiches and snacks in dog bowls and other "puppy" containers. It turned out so cute! Cole was the star of the show and loved showing off his puppy birthday shirt. The hit toy was the train set along with a singing dog Mama Jo got him...it sings a Christmas version of "Shout" while its ears flap up and down. Cole thought it was hilarious!
All together it was a wonderful few days full of fun memories that we will cherish. Now, where to put all the toys!?!
Click to play Cole's Second Birthday
slideshow - Powered by Smilebox" src="http://www.smilebox.com/globalImages/blogInstructions/blogLogoSmileboxSmall.gif" width=386>
Make a Smilebox slideshow

4 comments:

Holy Cow! Canada said...

I loved looking at all of the pictures. You are the mom that all other moms wish to be! Wow - making the cake, invitations, etc. What fun. Too bad about the curls!

Allen and Jessica said...

Oh the joys of motherhood. . . I love glimpsing them through your blog. It's so hard to believe your baby is 2! Time FLYS!

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

Cole is such a handsome boy, and SO lucky to have such an awesome mommy!! Those cakes are unbelievable!!

Anonymous said...

looks like Cole had a great birthday!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com