Monday, November 17, 2008

Cancer

I hate cancer...yes HATE! I never use that word, but it's all that I can think of to express my feeling towards this disease. I'm sure that all of you know someone that is dealing with cancer, or have dealt with it in your family...it's everywhere. It doesn't care about your economic status, your gender, your age, or your race. No one is immune.
Dad G has taken a sudden turn for the worse. We are no longer going to Gatlinburg, but are staying here to be with him and Mom G. We aren't even sure he'll make it through Thanksgiving. It's so hard watching a strong man that you love so much become so frail and weak.
There are so many emotions stirring in me at this moment...fear, anger, sadness, selfishness. All of my grandparents are still living. I've never experienced a death in my close family. I've had a few great aunts and great-great uncles pass away, but nothing that will compare to losing a man that has been such a huge part of my life. I'm angry/saddened that his disease has gotten worse around the holidays and Cole's birthday. This is supposed to be a happy, rejoicing, thankful time, not a time to grieve.
Please pray for our family, and if you are dealing with this horrible disease as well, let me know and I'll be praying for you. One huge blessing is that we are confident that Dad G loves the Lord and that very soon he will be whole again, praising his Heavenly Father surrounded by the beauty of heaven.
Dad G and Cole last year in Gatlinburg. Reading a book that Cole got for his first birthday.

4 comments:

MightyMouse said...

I am so sorry to hear this, and reading your words breaks my heart. I will be praying for all of you. you are very blessed to have all of your grandparents, and had them so long! and please keep close to your heart that he will be with Jesus, and there is no better place!
Love you guys!

Lizzy

Jared said...

Sorry to hear the news as well. The best thing that I can say is that God hears your cry and I believe is grieving through this painful time as well. I pray that even through this you will be reminded of God's faithfulness and hold on to the hope that has been promised to you. Blessings on your family and Dad G during this time and our prayers are with you.

Kyle Gregory said...

our family is in this together...i love you and we have to be strong for each other...especially for Mom G. We all need each other to lean on right now. I'm here for you always and I need you to be here for me too, k?

It makes me so mad, after looking into his eyes and asking him if he knew who I was after he almost passed out the other night, I would rather him be in Heaven than have to live one more miserable second here.

Anonymous said...

Adrian, I am so sorry to hear about the return of the cancer with your dear grandfather. I know you are hurting and I will be praying for you and your family. I know the timing seems bad to you, but we just need to trust that He, who holds us within his palm knows and understands it all. Love in Christ, Karen G.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com