Sunday, January 30, 2011

Love Note Wreath

Last year I created a countdown to Valentine's Day for Michael and wanted to do something similar for Cole since he's now old enough to celebrate these fun holidays.
I took a craft I had viewed during the Christmas holidays (used as a card holder) and adapted it for a Love Note Wreath.

You'll need:
* white wire hangar
* clothespins
* Valentine themed or colored paper
* glue or Modge Podge
* ribbon
(I had all these supplies on hand so it was FREE to make - love it!)

Step 1: Bend the wire hangar into a heart shape and attach clothespins for visual reference
( I used 13 clothespins to hold a love note for each day from Feb. 1 leading up to Love Day)

Step 2: Using a clothespin as a guide, cut paper into small strips to cover each pin - front and back.
(Some people spray paint their pins before covering with paper. . . I skipped this step and left them au natural)


Step 3: Using glue or Modge Podge, attach the paper strips to the front and back of each clothespin.

Step 4: Bend hangar hook into a closed loop and attach ribbon. Wrap heart shape with desired ribbon for color (or leave white) and voila!


Using foam pieces, cardboard, and stickers, Cole and I also made a special Valentine mailbox that will stay in his room.


Each morning, I plan to place a love note and small treat in his mailbox for him to find. After reading, we'll display his love note on his wreath. I have a feeling he'll love it and may have to add more clothespins to accomodate notes throughout the whole month :)
Moreover, I pray that Cole continues to realize, through these small expressions of our love, how much we treasure and adore him!

1 comment:

Jen said...

how cute! love the mailbox idea.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com