Friday and Saturday: Neighborhood yard sale
Well, I finally did it. Priced all the baby items and storage bins full of clothes to sell. I'm still keeping the 18 month - 4T things for Cade, but the 12 month and under was up for grabs. It was bittersweet to see so much of the teeny tiny things go that have filled up our home for the last five years. . . both reminiscent of days gone by and freeing to focus on what's ahead for our family. It was also a huge blessing to donate items to our local Crisis Pregnancy Center (a ministry our family LOVES) and let some expecting mamas borrow things for their soon-arriving little ones.It was also hilarious to see people's faces as they walked up our driveway and into the garage. It was baby central. Racks full of outfits, tables filled with onesies, sleepers, shoes, bibs, and blankets, bins of primary-colored, musical toys, and large infant equipment met them head on. Looking for antique china, computer parts, or an old lawn mower? Not the right house for you :)
It was definitely worth the work as I nickeled and dimed my way up to $300 in sales. Not too shabby!
![]() |
| Had this cute face to keep me company :) |
Back to weekend events.
Saturday night, we enjoyed a neighborhood block party in our cul-de-sac. Our across the street friends, Kevin and Tricia provided all the meat which Kevin cooked on his commercial smoker ALL day. Brisket, chicken, fish, pork tenderloin - pure deliciousness.Sunday, we enjoyed worship with our church family and then headed to Rock Castle for our small group social. Members of our class, Sam and Jessica Gilbert, live on the property (Sam is the caretaker), and were gracious enough to host this event. More yummy food, and time on the lake with kayaks and paddleboats rounded out the afternoon.
I regret not having pics, but I've quickly learned that the photo-taking diminishes when having to chase TWO little boys around :) Maybe I should convince the hubby to upgrade to a smart phone?? :)


No comments:
Post a Comment