Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mommy's Day

I'm blessed to say that Mother's Day around our abode is more than a once-a-year occurrence.  The daily hugs, kisses, and 'I love yous' from my precious boys will forever outweigh any material possession purchased or given.  Michael also spoils me rotten with girls nights, surprises, and sweet encouragement the whole year long.  See?  Blessed.

However, this marked Mother's Day I was getting ready for church when both boys walked into the bathroom with cards.  Cole was so proud of his that played a catchy tune when opened and Cade's was presented with teeth marks and all :)

At breakfast, the kitchen greeted me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers (yellow is my favorite) and the cutest drawing from Cole.  He had kept it a secret from me all week - yep, there were a few tears.

Michael also gave me the best present ever; which I'm about to enjoy in just a few days.  Work has been crazy busy the past few weeks and I've felt in some ways as if it's been a one woman show in the Johnson home.  To my surprise, he's taking off work to spend a day with the boys and let me take a day for MYSELF.  A pedicure, shopping, browsing, lunch with a friend. . . whatever I'd like.  WOW!  Can't wait!!

I'm forever grateful for the three little ones that the Lord has given us.  The two that share our home and one sweet face in heaven which I've yet to see.  Motherhood is such a gift. . . an honor. . .



Lord, help me to raise up bold men of God that will carry your Name to the world and forever shout your fame.

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com