Thursday, September 24, 2009

Together on Planet Mom


September has been full of some 'firsts' for Cole, but there was also a first for me :-)  From January 2007 to May 2009, I was involved in a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group at a church in White House.  I absolutely LOVE that group of women.  Through their encouragement and friendship, I have grown as a mom, wife, and daughter of the King.  Although I was serving and being filled, I felt the Lord leading me in a different direction when news of a new MOPS group came my way.  
My dear friend, Karla Taylor, felt the Lord calling her to begin a MOPS group at College Heights Baptist Church in Gallatin.  After much prayer, I knew that I needed to come alongside her and be a part of this exciting new journey.  I joined the Steering Team as the Discussion Group Coordinator in June and it has been go, go, go since :-)  Throughout the summer, we planned our calendar, had our first Fall/Winter Consignment Sale, and wrapped up all the odds and ends as we prepared for our opening meeting on September 9. 
Our hard work paid off !  What a GREAT day we had getting to know one another...watching the excitement and joy on the moms' faces throughout the meeting was priceless.  The Lord is truly blessing Karla's obedience to follow His will.  I'm so grateful that He chose me to share the journey!

The MOPS theme for the year is 'Together on Planet Mom' with our theme verse being Matthew 18:20.  To go along with the theme,  we decided that each table should be a country from around the globe.  Although we live in different climates and cultures,  the title of 'mom' unifies as we share common joys, heartaches, trials, and triumphs.
Our Hospitality Coordinator, Anissa, named the tables and shopped for the decor.  She did a fabulous job! 

Veto's Vineyard (Italy)...my table!
*To go along with the theme, I put the country's flag on the nametags*
Shamrock Shack (Ireland)
Uncle Sam's Diner (United States)
Casa de Madres (means 'House of Mothers'...Spain)
Congo Cafe (Africa)
House of Won Ton (China)
We had our second meeting yesterday and had a blast.  We decorated tote bags with Scripture verses, pens, and paints, planned our CHBC MOPS cookbook (look for details soon!), and shared God's Word as we discussed Chapter One of 'The Frazzled Female'.
I had an added bonus as Cole stayed tear-free upon entering his MOPPETS class.  Woo-hoo!  A kiss, hug, and "I love you Mommy...see you soon!" are quickly becoming the norm...yay!

I'm so excited about this MOPS year and can't wait to see how the Lord moves in the lives of moms in our community!

3 comments:

Brandee said...

I noticed this on FB yesterday and could not wait to get a few minutes to read it! WOW! You guys ROCK! These tables look amazing Adrian!!! Your group sounds truly awesome and God is showing up huge in your group! I love that you guys are reading "The Frazzeled Female" and I just know it is going to be an amazing year for you. Tell Karla I pray all my best for her as she is on this journey and that she is doing a fabulous job!

Holy Cow! Canada said...

Very creative tables. We took a different approach and even added "stuff" to the logo and used petals on a flower. It is neat to see all of the different ideas. I think it is great that you helped start this group. I know from experience that it is a lot of work!!!!!

Holly said...

Wow, Adrian! You are such a huge asset to any ministry you become a part of. I would love to be involved in a MOPS/MOTS, etc. group or even the one where you are cleaning, organizing and decorating homes in need (what a hard yet fun ministry), but unfortunately my life is a bit out of balance right now thanks to the residency process. I love reading about the creativity you guys implement in these programs...keep up the good work and thanks for your posts!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com