Woo-hoo! The weatherman was right-on this time as we enjoyed a few inches of snow this weekend. YAY!!
I do all my weekly shopping on Monday, so we were pretty much set to be 'snowed in' these past few days. Michael and I keep saying, "This has been so much fun!". We really can't remember a recent time where neither of us went anywhere for three straight days. This has almost been like being on vacation!
Here's a quick rundown (and just a few pics) of our fun time together. . .
Friday:
We woke up anticipating the arrival of snow. Flurries began about 8:00 a.m. as we ate breakfast - so magical to watch! Cole and I got ready and headed to our neighbor, Symantha's, home for a morning playdate. She had invited Cole and I the week before to come and make a craft - being as we didn't have far to go, we headed next door while Daddy finished up some work.
Our playdate craft was a stitched Scottie dog - so cute! Cole and Hallie enjoyed putting in the stuffing.
While Symantha and I finished sewing the dogs together (yes mom, I sewed - the body, legs, eyes and nose - can you believe it!?), the kiddos played and enjoyed watching the snow accumulate outdoors.

We rounded out the evening with homemade vegetable soup and cornbread to keep us warm and anticipated all the SnOw FuN that would follow on Saturday!
Saturday:
We weren't disappointed. . .what a beautiful blanket of white! Days like these remind me of how Jesus washes away our sin so that we are truly 'white as snow'. What an amazing, tangible picture of God's goodness and grace!
Since we don't have snows like this very often, we decided to make a whole day full of snow fun. We made snowflake pancakes topped with powdered sugar. . .


After breakfast, we got dressed to brave to cold. . . (we discovered that a WoNdErFuL way to keep Cole warm and dry was to leave his footie pajamas on him topped with his outerwear. He was snug as a bug!) The snow was quite powdery so sledding was somewhat difficult in our area, but Cole loved every minute - and we loved watching him laugh :)
After warming up with some lunch, we made a snowman craft and enjoyed building snowmen with Play-doh. I'm also secretly wishing for snow more often. . . Cole was WoRn-OuT and took a 3 1/2 hour nap!
Dinner and snowflake sugar cookies were the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Sunday:
Services at church were cancelled, so we enjoyed celebrating Jesus as a family at home. I didn't think our snow fun from previous days could be topped, but boy was I wrong! The sun came out today which added warmth as well as gently, melted snow to a perfect snowman-building consistency. The snow was also perfect for snowballs which Cole loved to throw at mommy and daddy. He's got pretty good aim! After two hours of outdoor fun, we headed in for naps and a little football. What a WONDERFUL weekend!















4 comments:
These pictures are AMAZING!! :) Cole is such a gorgeous little boy! Looks like you guys had fun celebrating the snow! Can't wait until Jonah's old enough to bake cookies, craft, and make snowmen. . . So FUN!! Baby in your future, friend?! We really should hang out soon. I still have a box of clothes to return to you!! :)
You really are mom of the year with sewing and snowflake food!! Maybe I should lend you a baby girl or two?? Glad I have your blog to check as my cliff notes:)
I have to agree you are definitely up for mom of the year! Love the pictures... they are awesome!
What fun! I really want one of those cookies though. Cookies are my favorite!! I hope you're still enjoying the snow...TN doesn't get it often enough :) May our Lord Jesus bless you this week beautiful friend!
Post a Comment