Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weekly Menu

Yes, I know it's Thursday and I'm just now posting our menu. . . it's been one of those weeks!  Crazy, busy, but full of fun and joy in our Lord Jesus Christ :)
I've also got quite a few other posts I can't wait to type - so many thoughts running around in my head that I'm anxious to share with you.  Hopefully soon. . .

Monday:  Grilled hamburgers, potato salad, baked beans (we couldn't resist this 'summery' meal with the gorgeous weather!)
Tuesday:  Man Club night (aka Cole's night with daddy while mommy demonstrated her business at an Uppercase Living Open House)
Wednesday:  Baked chicken, stuffing, green beans, salad
Thursday:  Slow cooker - Red beans and rice
Friday:  Serving at Room in the Inn with our small group at church.  This is a ministry that brings 6-10 homeless men from downtown to our church for the evening.  We provide them a home-cooked meal, a bed for the night, breakfast on Saturday, and a sack lunch to take.  I can't wait for our family (Cole included) to fellowship with these men, share the love of Jesus Christ, and be blessed beyond measure! 

Recipes for the week:

Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice:
1 lb. dry red beans
7 cups water
1 green bell pepper; chopped
1 medium onion; chopped
3 celery stalks; chopped
3 garlic cloves; chopped
1/2 lb. turkey smoked sausage; sliced
3 Tbsp. Creole seasoning
hot cooked rice
green onion for garnish

Place the first 8 ingredients (all but rice) in a slow cooker.  Cover and cook on high for 7 hours or until beans are tender.  Cook rice before serving, place in bowl and top with beans.  YUM!
* I cut this recipe in half for our family - it's cooking now and smells soooo good!
Taken from Southern Living magazine

Baked Chicken:
4 chicken breasts
2 c.. Ritz crackers
3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. chopped parsley
melted butter

Pound chicken breasts (this is also great on tenderloins).  Setting aside the butter, mix together remaining ingredients for coating.  Dip chicken in melted butter and then into the coating mixture.  Arrange in a shallow, greased baking pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, turning chicken after 20 minutes.  Keep remaining coating in refrigerator for later use.  

2 comments:

This Is Stupid said...

Can I come eat at your house this week?! Yum!

Brandee said...

Love the new blog look! Too cute Adrian :) Hope to see you on Friday...Will is so excited! We had a blast for John's bday last night that I am going to post pics of. Next week is Will's turn :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com