There's a new artist in town.
Last week, Cole and I were doodling with crayons and markers when I asked, "Cole, can you make a smiley face?"
"Okay!" was his quick reply. I must interject that he had never drawn an actual 'object' - just lines and scribbles. I was totally unprepared for what I was about to see!
Sure enough he began with a big circle for the head. Two eyes, a nose, mouth, ears, hair, arms, and hands quickly followed as well as a personalized signature. I was in shock with what he had created. Hold your applause please. . .
When asked who it was, he quickly replied, "It's you Mommy!". Wow. . .
I must say that I was thankful to see a big head as the focus with limbs protruding instead of a big belly or bum.
He now loves to draw pictures for me all the time. Rainbows, shapes, and many more 'people' are gracing our cardstock these days.
Off to contact The Louvre. They'll need to know the Mona Lisa may have a replacement one day.

1 comment:
It IS funny when they finally make recognizable art. i loved your last post, too, about the funny things he has said. I, too, had to convince Abby that just because the Pledge said "under God" didn't mean we could use it to bless our food before dinner! ha!
too cute.
Post a Comment