This love day, Michael and I had the best of both worlds. We enjoyed a night out (thanks Gigi!) on Thursday with a hibachi dinner at Fuji and When In Rome at the theatre, and still loved spending Valentine's Day together as a family on Sunday.
A couple of years ago, I began the tradition of a 'hearty' breakfast together on Valentine's morning. Cole helped make heart pancakes (I'm going to dye the batter pink next year), heart-shaped fruit, and other breakfast goodies.
On our way to church, Michael was SHOCKED by a fun surprise Cole and I had made the night before. Saturday night, I taped the message "We Love U Daddy" to the garage door (and prayed that it stayed through the night!). We loaded up Sunday morning, backed out of the driveway, and waited for Michael to notice his surprise. He loved it!
He also LoVeD the daily surprises I made on our 'Countdown to Love Day'. He was sad to see them end :) This will definitely be something to continue year to year!
After a morning of great worship and a message by David Nasser (click here for a podcast of his sermon. . . "prayer is like breathing for our spiritual lungs"), we enjoyed driving around town looking at houses for sale - a past time that Michael and I both love. Our bellies were still full from breakfast and Cole was content to listen to his Kids Shout the Word CD as he munched on goldfish :)
After touring most of Hendersonville and Gallatin, we stopped in for lunch at Larrivieres on the square in Gallatin - a favorite!
We then headed home for a lazy Sunday afternoon and enjoyed watching Cole open his basket of goodies from Michael and I.
Is that for me?

Nemo 24 pc. puzzle, CARS stickers and stamps, paddleball, 'grow sponge' cars and trucks (he LOVES those things!), Nerf dart gun, fact book about the 50 states (he LOVES learning about the U.S. - its a new fascination!) and a Blue's Clue's DVD.
(from my previous post, you know how much I adore the Dollar Tree and the $1 bins at Target - Cole's basket of goodies - $10!)

I'm tellin' ya. . . the kid LOVES the U.S.!
We hope you enjoyed a special Valentine's day with those you love as well!







2 comments:
I knew you had a few special things 'up your sleeve' for Valentine's Day, but had no idea you were going to be this busy!! How do you keep it all together with the other things you do?!? You're such a wonderful wife and mom--Michael and Cole should feel very thankful. Love you.
What a fantastic day. I love how you guys celebrate!
Post a Comment