I feel like that's the mode we've been in over the past few weeks. Family and friend birthdays have been fun to attend, but a highlight PaRtY was for dear friends Shane and Lori Woodlief.
This sweet family has been a part of our lives for 14 years. It all began when this newlywed couple became a part of the pastoral staff of College Heights Baptist Church taking on the role of youth minister and English teacher at CHCA. I was a part of the youth group at the time and since then, our relationship has grown from mentor to dear friend.
Michael and I began to work alongside Shane and Lori in the youth ministry and have shared many joys and sorrows as families along the way. Fun memories of game nights, New Years Eve parties, youth camps, mission trips (Mexico baby!), and a getaway to Philly flood my mind. However, etched in my heart are the times we prayed together, cried together, questioned God together, and ultimately rejoiced together at His goodness towards us. . . a friendship that is cherished indeed.
Well, why the party you ask??
Shane and Lori moved to Vancouver Island, Canada four years ago to follow the call of God on their lives. Shane now helps to pastor a church led by Mark Buchanan and has fallen in love with the ministry there.
Since December of 2006, we have not had a face-to-face conversation with these sweet friends. TOO LONG! We've watched kids grow up and family adventures through blog posts and Facebook, and JUMPED at the chance to get together when they let on they were coming stateside to visit family.
Making a Rita's run together - Shane introduced us to this DELICIOUS concoction in Philly six years ago :)
Shane and his son, Conor

Lori and I - hilarious how we matched :) Good friends think alike!
Cole and their daughter, Mackensey

Before Cole was born, Michael and I used to host a guys 'Poker Night' every Thursday at our home. Although everyone left empty-handed (aka no gambling ever took place), it was a highlight of their week. This weekend, my dad hosted the 'old gang' once again. William, Kevin, Clayton, Ray, and Josh - they missed you guys!
This past Tuesday, I offered our home and we gathered with 25 other friends to catch-up and offer many overdue hugs :) Such a FUN time!

(Make sure to check out the three previous posts. . . I've been on a roll today!)











2 comments:
We had such a great time! REALLY good pictures as always. Thanks for hosting and making it such a fun and relaxing night for everyone.
Oh My, I finally have gotten on the site and did not realize that you also posted this on facebook. We had such a wonderful time with all of you and do miss you dearly! I love what you said when we left - "You know that you have a true friendship when you pick up where you left off even after all of these years." Love you guys a lot!
Post a Comment