As part of my Type A, slightly OCD personality, I love for things to be organized, neat, and I make at least one list a day for some sort of activity. Seeing as I thrive on structure (yes, organized chaos counts) and routine, I felt I needed some sort of daily titles to keep my blogging mind focused as I share with you thoughts I have on family, fun, parenting, teaching, and Jesus.
I began Monday's Menu which not only shares yummy recipes with you, but helps keep me accountable to write my weekly menu on Sunday and prepare the week's grocery list. I didn't post for a few weeks and had many of you asking for them :) I hope to also add Multitude Monday which will link from a wonderful site that I've just discovered: A Holy Experience - more to come next week (oh the suspense!).
Tuesday will be 'Tuesday's Tip'. Here I'll share deals for the week, fun activities to do with your kiddos, tips on teaching, parenting, and the like. I'll be on the lookout for tips to share, so let me know if you have any you'd like offer. I may even open up for guest posts on these days :)
Wednesday is 'Wordless Wednesday'. A chance to share a few recent pictures of our adventures.
Thursday and Friday I'll keep as 'open' days to share random thoughts, quotes, or other family fun (or take a rest :) )
Saturday will be 'Weekend Wrap-Up'. Here I'll share my top weekly posts from other bloggers and sites. Although I don't cruise the blogging world much, I have come across some great articles and posts that I would love to share with all of you. Encouragements on motherhood, cleaning tips, kid activities, and the joy of reading how Jesus Christ is changing lives around us.
Of course, there will always be other things that I'll want to share with you and those posts will be sprinkled in. Let's just say these 'titles' help put my anal persona at ease :)
So. . .
Tuesday's Tip:
Grandparent's Day at the Nashville Zoo
This Saturday, July 31, the first 300 grandparents to pass through the gates will receive FREE admission to the zoo. This is perfect timing for us as we have a membership, but my grandparents (Cole's great-grandparents) have been wanting to join us. Let's just hope it's not 100 degrees outside :)
Crayon Discs for tiny hands
Ever wonder what to do with broken crayons from around the house (or all those crayons your kiddos receive at the restaurants when you dine out)? Turn them into crayon discs which are perfect for toddlers learning to color. They are easy to hold for those developing fine-motor skills, no paper to chew, and they do not break easily.
1. Separate the crayons by color and break into small pieces (or mix colors for a rainbow effect)
2. Place each color into a separate mini-muffin tin cup - two crayons per cup works best.

3. Cook on low (about 250 degrees) until the crayons melt together (around 7-10 minutes)
4. Place muffin tin in the freezer for quick cooling and hardening
5. Pop out and enjoy!
Hard to believe TWO years have passed since I took these pictures of my little man - feels like yesterday

1 comment:
It seems like yesterday when these pics. were taken. He's changed so much!! But still is our sweet, loveable Cole. Much love from Gigi.
Post a Comment