Take me out to the crowd. . .
I bet you're now singing along to this favorite summertime tune. Love it!
Although we've practically been melting from the heat and humidity over the past month, the Lord graced us with a week of milder temps, soft breezes, cool nights, and almost zero humidity. Being outside was so lovely once again and we couldn't spend enough time soaking up the sunshine. To take advantage of the weather, Michael proposed we take Cole to his first ever 'real' baseball game. I was so excited! We called up Gigi, booked our seats online, and headed to Greer Stadium to see the Nashville Sounds.
FYI, Thursday nights are Taco Bell Throwback nights. Admission prices are the same, but all hot dogs, drinks, popcorn, and nachos are $2 each!
On our way! (Too bad the only baseball hat that fits him sports the 'soccer' logo :))

Walking into the stadium brought back so many childhood memories. My grandparents, Mom G and Dad G, used to take Kyle and I to the Sounds games quite a bit when we were young. Our highlight was getting soft serve ice cream in plastic baseball hats which sported the logos of various teams. I bet we had 50 of those at one time! Such sweet memories. . .

Betcha didn't know that if you become bored with watching pitchers and batters, playing with Gigi's sweater can be tons of fun!


Ollie the Cougar - the Sounds mascot. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

I can't seem to get my boys to just SMILE at the camera :)
To make this trip even more memorable, the San Diego Chicken made an appearance. He is a famous mascot that travels the country - he's hilarious! Between innings and outs, he definitely kept us entertained with dance moves and practical jokes.

Getting as close to the chicken as we could before the game. We probably aren't supposed to be standing on the roof of the Sound dugout. . . oh well!

While we're up here, we'll just take a little rest :)
He did come into the stands, but Cole didn't want to get too close.
I know all the hype is to build a new minor league ball field next to the Titans stadium (which I would love as well), but there's something so nostalgic about visiting Greer Stadium. Maybe it's because I have memories tied up in a tangible building, but it seemed just fine to me. It was newly painted and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the announcer kept the music flowing between every swing of the bat. We LOVED it and can't wait to take Cole back again.






1 comment:
So cute!! I think my family was there too with all the boys:) Glad that you guys had such a memorable night. Your menu looks incredible too!! I for sure wish I could have made Monday night:)
Post a Comment