Sunday, November 6, 2011

Another Tidbit

After recording the events of the past few days, I realized (looking back through pictures) that there were a few more tidbits to add. . .
The most precious being that a few days before closing, some sweet friends and family met me one evening at the house to pray. It was evident that Satan didn't want us to enter seeing as the supposed to be unlocked door was locked; BUT, we quickly got the keycode from our realtor and in we went! We joined hands in the breakfast room and thanked the Lord for His goodness, asked His blessings on our new home, prayed that our boys would come to salvation early and grow knowledge of His grace, prayed for Michael to be wise, discerning, and lead our family well, that I would be submissive, hospitable, and make our home a loving place to be, that strangers and friends alike would feel welcome, that our neighbors would see our home as a light in a dark world and be drawn to Jesus. . . it was a sweet time that I'll never forget.

Along with prayer, I had asked for them to bring Scriptures that would coordinate with specific rooms of the house. Since we couldn't literally write on the foundation, I brought papers titled with each room for the verses to be recorded. I'll soon type all the Scriptures/quotes, place in frames, and hang in each room to be a daily, visual reminder of what the Lord has promised and what He requires of us.

Before we met: My personal Scriptures
These pages are now filled front and back with God's Word . Can't wait to have them displayed!

So thankful for ladies that will share their evening and give their time to rejoice with us! There were also others unable to attend, but were praying from home. Know that I have truly felt them all!

Meant to grab a picture at the beginning. . . Dikola and Justine were here too :)

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Love this! Sorry I haven't thought to do this myself before.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com