Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's A Comin'

Can't believe that this coming weekend we'll celebrate my baby's FIFTH birthday.
Seriously. . . can. not. believe. it. Time has flown!

This year, I decided to take the chance and plan an outdoor party. For the past four years, Cole's 'party' day has always been warm and sunny - surely the weather would cooperate once again (and it looks as if it will. . .thank you Lord!)
A main reason for moving the festivities outdoors was the transition to our new home. I wasn't about to add the stress of planning and hosting 30+ family and friends on top of trying to get settled. Too much for this mama that is still halfway living out of boxes :)

I also wanted to combine the friend party with the family party (the past two years, we've done a small friend party in the morning and had 15 or so family members over in the evening). I've loved the full day of party fun, but with the addition of sweet Cade, planning two parties was too much. Thanks to Papa and Gigi, we'll crash their backyard in the early afternoon hours for some serious fall fun.

After settling on the location, I began thinking about themes. So far we've done. . .

Old MacDonald's Farm - 1 year




Cole's birthday will always be near (or on) Thanksgiving, so I decided to use that to my advantage and go with the fall/turkey theme. Lucky for me, Cole LOVED it!

Began working on the invites last week. I have always handmade them and wanted to continue that tradition - so inexpensive this year. All I needed was scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby which was 50% off = 16 invitations for $4.00 - YES!
Loved using his handprint to represent both the turkey AND the #5 :)


Poem at the top reads:
Thanksgiving is the time
To name the blessings in our lives
Come and help us celebrate
Cole is turning FIVE!

A few party tidbits to come. . .
* firepit/hay bale seating for smores
* craft table making blessing books
* pumpkin ring toss
* pin the nose on the turkey
* turkey shaped veggie platter and cute fruit kabobs (thank you Pinterest!)

Gonna be a fun, busy week!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Aww!! I am so SAD I am going to miss his party this year! We love celebrating with you guys! I guess Kyle and I will have to throw him a party in Gatlinburg! :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com