Michael surprised the boys and I one afternoon by taking off work and whisking us away to Cheekwood to explore their summer Treehouse Exhibit. We had never been to this botanical garden/museum, and were drawn to the beauty of it all. Such a lovely day to enjoy a beautiful place!
| The Color Garden |
There were seven treehouses - all themed around a piece of literature. I think Michael and I had just as much (or more) fun as the boys.
#1 - The Giver
A book that I totally recommend for middle school and up. Read it in college and LOVED it.
| A world of gray transitions to a one full of color |
#2 - The Jolly Roger
Every little boy's dream - a cool pirate ship with LOTS of neat gadgets
![]() |
| Captain Cole with his pirate face |
#3 - Walden House
Cole's favorite. He enjoyed making me a salad and swinging underneath
![]() |
| Cole enjoyed cooking |
![]() |
| Cade enjoyed eating tree bark |
#3 - Conch House
I loved the creativity of this design
![]() |
| Included a sand box |
![]() |
| Lovin' the rain sticks |
![]() |
| You could slide down the shell and climb out at the bottom |
| Passing by the museum. I'd love to go back and take a tour. |
![]() |
| Washing off sand in a nearby stream |
#5 - A Hobbit's Tale
Best slide award. We ALL loved it :)
#6 - The Rainbow Fish
Sweet story of kindness, giving, and loving others as yourself. I also loved how they used CDs w/ zip ties to create the scales. Genius!
![]() |
| Climbing inside, taking a peek out of the eyes |
| Love Cole's pose |
#7 - Ocean of Notions
Haven't read this one. Cool set-up, but the open bridge to the water did freak me out a bit. Especially with bigger kiddos running to and fro with very little attention to the littles.
| Strolling through one more garden before heading home |
| Lovely |
















No comments:
Post a Comment