Saturday, April 4, 2009

Easter Art

Today began our week of celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Even though Cole is only two he already knows and recites that Jesus died on the cross and then rose again. When you ask him where Jesus lives, he says, "In heaven...with God". We've also begun explaining that Jesus lives in mommy and daddy's hearts and that He can live in his heart too. What a joy it is watching him understand more and more day by day about his Heavenly Father.

I've got lots of fun activities planned for the week. We began today with painting and coloring...two of Cole's favorite things! He finger painted a picture of an Easter egg that I drew and then colored a picture of the cross. Dyeing eggs, flying kites, egg hunts, and more Resurrection crafts to come!
**Make sure to check out the three previous posts. I've tried to catch up the blog from our busy week!

2 comments:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

awww, I LOVE it!! Seriously, I think I might pay you to do art project with my child. You are just the most amazing Mommy - I'm so glad you've blogged so I can look back and do it too:)

Millard Family said...

Fun Art!! I cant wait til Mason is that age...when I give him paint now, he crys when he gets it on his hands or eats it haha!! On my photos I used a program called picnik.com, you will love it! Easy to use.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com