Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Weekend

Well friends...better late than never. I've finally had the chance to upload all my pics and get some blogging done! Here is a brief recount of our Easter weekend...
Saturday:
We woke up early and headed over to Papa and Gigi's house (my parents) to have our traditional Easter lunch with the family. Grandaddy, Mama Jo, Mom G, Papa, Gigi, Nana, Cristal, Jerry, Jeremy, Kyle, and Laura were there to celebrate the Risen Savior with us.
Our day began with an egg hunt for Cole and some of the "big kids" too (you're never too old to hunt eggs!). It was so much fun watching Cole enjoy the hunt this year. I must say that he was an excellent egg finder. His color was blue and he spotted most of them himself.

After hunting eggs, we came inside to enjoy our feast. With full bellies, we were ready to head outside a round of Cornhole, but not before Cole opened his gifts. Being the first grandchild/great-grandchild, I will admit he is a bit spoiled...that's what grandparents are for right?! I had no idea that he would have so many things to open...it was like Christmas! Nana and Pawpaw gave him a bag of goodies (books, puzzles, fun Easter trinkets), a harmonica (which he loves to play) and a cuddly rabbit that sings Jesus Loves Me. Mom G gave Cole a truck that belonged to Dad G filled with some Easter goodies...we will treasure it always! Papa and Gigi had some fun bubbles, candy, and bouncy balls packed in a large Easter egg, and Kyle and Laura gave Cole a huge stuffed puppy. That was probably his favorite gift of all :-) He LOVES his new puppy and has named it Sam.
After opening presents, it was time for a Cornhole throwdown. For those of you that have never heard of or played Cornhole, it's tons of fun! Michael, Kyle, and my dad built one a few weeks ago and Easter was our first time to try it out. We had so much fun tossing bean bags and scoring points. I must say that my Grandaddy is a pro! While the grown ups played, Cole enjoyed the rocks, flowers, and Mom G's birdbath (anything with water and he's a happy camper).
The evening was finished with more filling of our bellies and a final game of Pegs and Jokers (which Michael, Kyle, and I built...or rather, Michael and Kyle built it...I did the painting). Such a fun day!
Here are some pics from our family day together...I had so many favorites, I couldn't choose just a few!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com