We got up, snapped a few quick photos of Cole in his handsome Easter attire, and headed off to church. We went to the 8:45 worship service (which was WONDERFUL!) and had planned to volunteer during the 10:15 service. I was going to work in the preschool and Michael was going to greet guests. I was assigned a three year old room and was having a blast...I think I enjoy TreeHollow more than the kiddos! All was well until I decided to clean up a little before the parents arrived. I was putting some things away in a bottom cabinet and raised up to meet the corner of an open top cabinet with my head. I don't think I've ever hit anything so hard. After realizing that I didn't pass out (and trying with all my might not to cry), I brought my hand down from head only to see it was covered in blood. I began to panic and went into the adjoining bathroom to clean up and check the damage. Luckily the kiddos were playing and being entertained by the other teacher in the room...all I needed was a room full of scared, crying three-year olds! I couldn't really see the wound in detail so I applied pressure and explained to my fellow teacher what had happened. We found a sweet lady to take me to the first-aid room where we tried to treat my injury...we were a hilarious sight I'm sure! I found Michael, and he insisted that we go to the ER. We weren't sure how deep the wound was, and he wanted to make sure I didn't need stitches. After two hours of people poking my head and a clear CAT scan, we finally arrived home. I didn't need any stitches (praise the Lord!), but had a killer headache for two days.
Needless to say, we didn't get our wonderful family photos at the park or enjoy a beautiful picnic lunch, but ended up with a memorable holiday all the same. The Easter bunny was also going to make an appearance after our picnic, but with the circumstances, he didn't get to arrive until Monday morning. I don't think Cole even noticed :-) 

No comments:
Post a Comment