I received this email today from a friend relating to a family in need of our help. Some women are actually meeting at the home tomorrow and Friday to do the initial cleaning, organizing, and make plans for decorating. The finishing touches will be finalized the 20th and 21st of August. I'm bummed because we'll be out of town this Friday as well as the next weekend, but I hope to donate few items from here that I can do without and possibly a UL Scripture expression for their wall.
Even if you are not a member of LHBC, please read the following information and call Tina Davis if you can help in any way. I know that many of us have furniture, bins, clothes, etc. that we can donate to help this family as they seek to follow the Lord's will for their lives and as they show the love of Christ to these precious children. Most of all, PRAY. Pray that the needed items will be given, women's hearts will be full of joy and encouragement as they serve, and that this family feels uplifted, loved, and cherished among their brothers and sisters in Christ.
From Tina...
Hi Ladies....please take a minute to read this email...I will try to keep it breif but that will be difficult....
Many of you know about the Ministry birthed in our church called Jonah's Journey. Well as part of their mission they foster children without state funding to give mothers hope of reuniting with their kids when their prison sentence is complete. It is much more than that, but that is the summary....
The family in our church that was a huge part of starting this ministry is in fact themselves now opening thier home to 3 children ages 3, 6 & 7.
Today I went to deliver some items for these children and took one look and said this is a project for "DIVINE DO-OVERS." Their home is in major need of some loving hands getting it in order and ready for this expanding family. Are you willing to be a part of that effort? I hate to admit that sometimes I am thankful I have not been asked to take in 3 children in addition to my own. But it also begs the question "so what can I do to walk alongside this family as they open their home?"
This is what this home needs...
Fresh coat of paint in childrens rooms....
Good deep clean
Sorting/organization of current rooms to run effeciently (7 kids make that a necessity)
A few pieces of furniture - including at least 2 dressers and a night stand
A few pictures and accessories to make rooms look like home
painted scriptures on a few walls
hauling off of excess items/clothing etc.
This project will take 2 days with all hands on deck. You may be receiving this email because you have worked on a project before, have expressed interest in helping with a project, or because God prompted me to choose your name to send this email to. This is not a job for a critical nature. This is an opportunity to express the grace and love of God by helping a family get on top of their disorganization and infuse them with a peace that comes from systems that work and a home that ministers to it's family.
Will you please respond to this email if you feel a tug to be a part of this project? We are looking at this weekend or next. I know...it is short notice....but this family agreed to take on 3 additional children with only a weeks notice.
We want to complete a divine do-ver with a group of divine ladies.....(and a few hubby's if you can recruit them....)
:) tina davis
681-4181
Many of you know about the Ministry birthed in our church called Jonah's Journey. Well as part of their mission they foster children without state funding to give mothers hope of reuniting with their kids when their prison sentence is complete. It is much more than that, but that is the summary....
The family in our church that was a huge part of starting this ministry is in fact themselves now opening thier home to 3 children ages 3, 6 & 7.
Today I went to deliver some items for these children and took one look and said this is a project for "DIVINE DO-OVERS." Their home is in major need of some loving hands getting it in order and ready for this expanding family. Are you willing to be a part of that effort? I hate to admit that sometimes I am thankful I have not been asked to take in 3 children in addition to my own. But it also begs the question "so what can I do to walk alongside this family as they open their home?"
This is what this home needs...
Fresh coat of paint in childrens rooms....
Good deep clean
Sorting/organization of current rooms to run effeciently (7 kids make that a necessity)
A few pieces of furniture - including at least 2 dressers and a night stand
A few pictures and accessories to make rooms look like home
painted scriptures on a few walls
hauling off of excess items/clothing etc.
This project will take 2 days with all hands on deck. You may be receiving this email because you have worked on a project before, have expressed interest in helping with a project, or because God prompted me to choose your name to send this email to. This is not a job for a critical nature. This is an opportunity to express the grace and love of God by helping a family get on top of their disorganization and infuse them with a peace that comes from systems that work and a home that ministers to it's family.
Will you please respond to this email if you feel a tug to be a part of this project? We are looking at this weekend or next. I know...it is short notice....but this family agreed to take on 3 additional children with only a weeks notice.
We want to complete a divine do-ver with a group of divine ladies.....(and a few hubby's if you can recruit them....)
:) tina davis
681-4181

No comments:
Post a Comment