It's hard to believe that it's time for Treasure Creek to begin again...where did the summer go? I must say that I'm not nearly as emotional as I was this time last year. I now know what to expect and I'm actually looking forward to the two days a week I'll have to grocery shop, scrapbook, clean house, and participate in a Bible Study while Cole learns about Jesus and enjoys time with other children his age. But to say that I'm not feeling some sense of sadness would be false. I realize each day how fast Cole is growing and how soon he will one day be on his own. It seems like yesterday, Michael and I were walking him into the building for his first day of 'school'. Looking back at pictures from that day, he seems so small! This year, HE picked out his own backpack and helped me pick the monogram colors. How things have changed!
At the Treasure Creek Open House this past Tuesday, we met his teachers (Mrs. Missy and Mrs. Christy...how's that for a two year old mouthful?). Mrs. Christy was one of Cole's teachers last year and we are so thankful that she's moved up with us. Actually, most of his class has stayed the same with many of the same children attending. With Cole going two days this year instead of just one, I know that he'll make lots of friends and enjoy learning about letters, shapes, the world around us, and the love of Jesus Christ.
At the Open House


Naming all the shapes and colors. I must brag...he knew them all. Even the hexagon and octagon!
Playing on the new playground
Tomorrow is his first day of preschool and I made a 'Teacher Survival Kit' for each of his teachers. I found the storage containers at Target in the $1 section and filled them with simple goodies: crayons, erasers, Starburst, paperclips, toothpicks, Kleenex, glue, post-its, band-aid, mints, and a bag of Archer Farm mixed nuts.
I then typed up a note to go with each one. It says:
Crayons: To color your day bright and beautiful
Erasers: To remind you that you will make mistakes. Remember that God gave you this passion...you cannot fail!
Starburst: To give you a burst of energy when you need it.
Paperclips: To hold it all together
Toothpicks: Every child is unique. Remember to 'pick' out the good in each one!
Kleenex: To wipe away the tears...theirs and yours.
Glue/Post-its: To remind you to stick to it...you ARE making a difference!
Band-Aid: Children and families may come through your door hurting. Remind them that God's love can heal ALL wounds.
Mint: YOU are worth a mint! You are the heart and soul of Treasure Creek!
Peanuts: So you can go a little nutty :-)
I hope they enjoy them!
Here's to another wonderful school year! (Check back tomorrow for Cole's first day!)

3 comments:
Oh wow, what lucky teachers to have such a great room mom! I'm so excited for him to get to go back. I know it will be great for everyone. He's growing up so fast too!! I can't wait to see the pictures from his first day tomorrow!
Ok for the rest of Cole's life, he is going to be the teacher's pet!!!!!
Seriously, time does fly. I know you are treasuring each moment.
I love the teacher gifts! You have so many neat ideas. You can tell you were a teacher too! I seem to gravitate towards teachers, so many of my close friends are or were one- you, Becca, Alice Ann and Lori. God has that teacher in me too, maybe that is why :)
Post a Comment