Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New CHBC MOPS Blog

It's almost time for MOPS to begin!  For those of you that aren't familiar, MOPS stands for "Mothers of Preschoolers" and is a group that meets in charter churches around the world to encourage moms through the love of Jesus Christ as we go through this life-stage together.  My dear friend, Karla, felt the Lord leading her to begin a new MOPS group at College Heights Baptist Church, and the Lord led me to join as well.  I've been attending a MOPS group in White House (which I loved!), but knew that this was where I needed to be.

This past Sunday, while the boys were napping, I had a whim to create a blog for our new MOPS group.  A place to post announcements, MOPS news, and fun 'mom' things for all the ladies in our group to view and comment on if need be.  The address for our new CHBC MOPS blog is www.chbcmops.blogspot.com.  Check it out and let me know what you think!

You'll also notice on the blog that there is a section titled "Working MOPS".  This is something that Karla has begun as well...a group for moms that work outside of the home.  This group will meet at the church one night a month (dinner provided) with the same activities, speakers, etc. that the original MOPS group enjoys.  I love the idea and we already have 15-20 moms signed up!

I'm really excited about what the Lord has in store for both MOPS groups this year.  He has already blessed in big ways (consignment sale alone was a huge blessing!) and has proved Himself faithful during those 'stress-out' moments that are always present when starting something new.  I can't wait to see how our 38 ladies are changed by His love and become better moms/wives because of our great Savior!

**If you would like more info about joining MOPS, contact Karla Taylor at karlamtaylor@hotmail.com.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I like the new blog! Oh the things I get to look forward to! :)

Brandee said...

Adrian, it looks great!!! What a great idea! Sounds like you guys are going to have a wonderful year and I know you will do fabulous at DGL Coordinator :) Just curious, how did you get your pictures so big on the side of your blog? I would like mine to be bigger.

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

How cool for you to give back and help that family! What an awesome ministry to be a party of. I saw your good work on the MOPS blog - looks awesome:) It's going to be a great year with you and Karla!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com