Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kyle and Laura's Engagement Party


This past Sunday, we joined with family (and a few friends) to celebrate Kyle and Laura's recent engagement.  The party was held at my parents' home and was planned by Laura's good friends, Amanda, Carolyn, and Kelly.  We enjoyed an afternoon of wedding talk, advice, and love as everyone admired the happy couple :)

I must say that my afternoon highlight was when Laura pulled me aside and asked me to be one of her bridesmaids.  She is a girl with many friends, and I felt honored that she would choose me to be a part of such a special day.  I actually cried!  Michael will also be a groomsmen and Cole is going to be the ring bearer.  I'm actually already a little stressed about that...crazy I know.  Oh well, he's got a whole year to prepare! 

Their wedding date is June 26, 2010 and they are currently choosing a location.  Spring Haven in Hendersonville and a plantation in Franklin are high on the list.  I can't wait to see what they choose...it will be beautiful I know.  Also, they've booked a photographer...Paul Johnson Photography.  The photographer is very important (as usual), but even more so to Kyle since he is a wedding photographer himself.  Kyle found Paul Johnson's blog while he was still in school at Nossi and LOVED his photo style.  I guess you could say he's been his photography 'idol'.  Well, Kyle contacted him on a whim (never thinking they could actually book him), and the Lord blessed!  They are coming the Friday before the wedding, full-day coverage, bridal shoot, all edited pics, the works...and all for about half the price he usually charges (because Kyle is a fellow photographer).  Needless to say, both Kyle and Laura are on cloud nine. :)  

Congratulations to my sweet brother my soon to be sister-in-love.  We are so happy for you!

2 comments:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

So exciting!! Congrats to Laura and Kyle. They are going to love married life, aren't they?

Laura said...

Once again.. I love all the pictures! I'm so glad that you and Michael are going to be apart of our special day.. and dont worry about Cole!! We will figure it all out and if he crys all the way down the aisle it will be cute anyways! :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com