Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Week At Home

This week has been a little different for us in comparison to the past few months.  By choice, I decided to stay home every day to TRY and potty train my sweet child...Lord help me!  
This summer, we've been busy with trips, playdates, park, picnics, storytime, shopping, etc. and I really haven't set a routine for Cole to learn to go to the potty.  I knew that we needed a few solid days at home, and maybe, by way of a miracle, he would be out of Pull-Ups in time for preschool.

Well, it's been a slow going process.  I know it will be well worth it in the end, but my goodness!  Can someone please give me a magic wand that I can wave?  I did find out through trial and error that Pull-Ups don't work for him.  He knows when he has to go...that's not the issue.  If he has anything on (including big-boy underwear), he'll just go in that and not go to the potty.  Sooo...if you come to my house, prepare to see a cute, naked-from-the-waist-down little boy wandering around.  That seems to be what's working for the moment.  See why I can't go anywhere?  DHS would be at my doorstep within minutes!

I must say that although it's a slow process, I'm seeing progress.  Today he went to the potty by himself.  A HUGE STEP!!  Too bad he 'missed' the bowl and peed in the floor.  At least he tried :)  He also peed in the closet and on my bedroom rug...Resolve cleaner is quickly becoming my new best friend.

Anywho, because we've been at home, it's been great to find fun things to do around the house.  We've been so busy lately that rarely did we get out the crayons, markers, paints, games, etc.  This has been a week to do just that, and we've both LOVED it!

Cole really enjoyed the paint-with-water book that Gigi purchased.  I loved it as well.  It kept him entertained for about 40 minutes as we painted together...and no mess for mommy!  Yay!!



He also had fun playing with his Eric Carle ABC game.  We played by the rules for a moment and then he just enjoyed sorting and matching all the capital and lowercase letters (on his own I might add...had to brag for a moment).  Such a smart boy!

Continue to keep my sanity in your prayers as we keep plugging along...any tips are appreciated!

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com