Friday, August 7, 2009

It's Consignment Sale Time

I must admit that after having Cole, I became a consignment sale junkie.  My phobia (or should I say "pride and selfishness") of buying 'used' things quickly dissolved and the enjoyment of the 'hunt for a good deal' took over...especially being a stay-at-home mom!  
These past three years, we've acquired the majority of his wardrobe, baby necessities, and favorite toys for such a bargain!  It's amazing the great deals you can find on brand/like new clothing and toys when you take the time to look.  

Well, it's consignment time again!  My new CHBC MOPS group held our fall/winter sale last weekend and brought in over $9700...all praise to God!  Our sale was truly blessed and I found some super cute things for Cole...a favorite being a GAP boy's wool jacket with wooden buttons.  It's sooo cute and will be perfect for church and those 'dressy' outings.  For $8, I couldn't pass it up!

Here's a list of a few more upcoming sales in the area.  You can also check out www.kidsconsignmentsales.com to find dates, locations, etc.

**Grace's Closet:  Church at Grace Park, White House...TODAY, Aug. 7 and Friday, Aug. 8 (8-2, 50% off day)

**Encores and More North (a favorite of mine!):  The old Goody's building beside Old Navy in Madison.  Sale begins Saturday, Aug 15 and continues through the next week.

**Buttons and Bows:  The Lighthouse restaurant/building on Sanders Ferry Rd, Hendersonville.  Friday, August 21-Saturday, August 22

I know there will be plenty more coming up within the next few weekends...I'll keep you posted!

 
  

2 comments:

Brandee said...

I am so glad you guys did great! I stopped in today and looks like they are doing well too. I really did not see anything for Will, it gets hard when they get up to his size. Boys are so hard on their things. At Cole's age I found Will tons of things!

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

I barely missed you at CHBC on Wednesday night. I was pulling in and you were loading the car. I was hoping you were heading in, but by the time I parked you had headed out the other way. Glad you found some good stuff for Cole!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com