Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Early Mother's Day Surprise

Last night, Michael surprised me with an early Mother's Day gift. We'll be visiting his parents in Chattanooga this weekend, so he wanted to do something special for me this week. He gave me a card with some $$ for a summer shopping spree! That in itself was a WONDERFUL surprise, but then he told me that I would have the whole day (today) to shop. Cole is usually in school on Tuesdays and I'm thinking, "I usually have that day anyways from 9-1:30, but how am I going to find time to shop for me when I've got a ton of things to get done while I'm child-free?" Michael then explained that he would take Cole to school, pick him up and give me the WHOLE day to spend shopping at my leisure and taking hours in the dressing room if I pleased :-) I didn't get home until 4:30 this evening and loved every minute of "me" time granted by my husband. I did do the usual (buying Mother's Day gifts, running errands, etc.), but also thoroughly enjoyed pampering myself today.

I do realize how tremendously blessed I am to be married to such a wonderful friend, lover, confidant, encourager, and father. I pray that he feels everyday how much he is loved, admired, and appreciated.

1 comment:

Brandee said...

What a great gift! Michael is the sweetest! Where did you find you some clothes? I always have the hardest time in stores :) Love ya!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com