Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hugs and Kisses

Cole is giving such wonderful hugs and kisses these days! Every time you pick him up he wraps his arms around your neck and squeezes as hard as he can :-) He will then look at you and say "good kiss please!". I'm soaking up every single one, because I know that one day I will be wishing for them and "stealing" them every chance I get...time goes by too fast.
We also have a new routine before bedtime...after brushing teeth, reading a story, saying prayers, and singing a song, this is our new dialouge.

Mommy and Daddy: We love you buddy, and Jesus loves you too!

Cole: I love you more! (He came up with this all on his own one evening. Michael and I were so surprised, we didn't quite know how to respond!)

Mommy and Daddy: We love you forever!

Cole: Love you always and always (again on his own!)

This little boy captures my heart more and more as the days go by!

4 comments:

Millard Family said...

How sweet! Out of the mouths of babes. Makayla has blown my mind as she has grown up. We had her so young, and we kind of grew up with her, so she saw a lot of hard times, but she would always encourage me with things she had learned. Even to one of our friends one time she said "You know it's not God who wants you to be sad, its satan"...Kids make it so simple, we make it hard. But like Cole said, sometimes our prayers should be "I love u more! For always!" Instead of all our complaining, and worrying. Love your post!

Holly said...

I hear ya! Jared and I have been stealing kisses from Karis since day 1. Anytime we come near her face for kisses she just opens her little mouth up. She thinks it's time to eat, but we are there to eat her up instead!

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

I love it Adrian!! That's just the most precious time. Sweet hugs and kisses are just the best and so is his little dialogue:) You and Michael are such good parents!

Brandee said...

How awesome Adrian! Time does go by so fast! I can not believe it has been 5 years that I have been home and Will is headed off to Kindergarten in a few months. I plan on soaking up every minute this summer and am praying that God will bless this time we have together before he goes off to school. Little boys are the sweetest and I am so thankful God knew what I needed and how Will has captured my heart. Love you friend!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com