Monday, May 18, 2009
Pickin' Berries
Last week, we ventured to Bottom View Farm in Portland to pick some infamous strawberries. We thought we would be rained out, but really wanted to get some before the Strawberry Festival (I've heard it's slim pickin's after the festival). We took Gigi with us and were blessed with a beautiful morning picking yummy berries. We finished around lunchtime and headed to Five Chefs restaurant in downtown Portland to eat. The food there is delicious and the gift shop (Occasions) is always fun to browse through.


On the way home, I began thinking of all the yummy things to make with these delicious berries before they ruined. That night, I made strawberry tarts, and my mom and I made some strawberry freezer jam. We've enjoyed munching on them for a before bed snack (especially when dipped in Cool Whip...yum!), and I hope to make a strawberry cheesecake for a dinner dessert with the rest. There's just nothing like some fresh berries!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh wow - looks like a fun family weekend! I'm also impressed with all of your cooking skills! Jam, tarts, and cheesecake, oh my!
Post a Comment