While meeting with friends the other day, we began talking about special things we had done (or are doing) for our children. The topic of scrapbooking came up and my friend Anissa mentioned a project she is currently working on. It's called an ABC book. The more she described the idea, the more I loved it! Although Cole already knows all of his letters and their sounds, I'm still going to make this book just for a keepsake. I also know that he will enjoy looking at it :)
Here's how it works:
*Make your book any size you please. Mine will be sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 paper so that I can put them in a sturdy binder and put the pages in page protectors.
*Make the title page any way you wish.
*For the rest of the book, each 2 page spread is dedicated to a letter. You can find pictures or draw pictures on these pages that begin with that letter sound (ex. letter A...apple, ambulance, alligator, airplane).
*You then find a picture of your child doing something that begins with that letter (ex. Cole at the apple orchard picking apples).
*Last, you find a Scripture verse that begins with that letter and put it on the page. ("Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.)
Cute idea huh!?
I must say that my favorite part of this book is the Scripture aspect. I'm going to try to find verses that will teach Cole lessons as he grows on how to treat others, love God, and live for His glory.
I'm so far behind on my scrapbooking (the last pages I completed were my baby showers!), but this is a project I'm going to tackle. I think it will help me get back into 'scrapbooking mode' so that I can begin to complete my albums.
Hopefully I'll update soon with some completed pages!
**Here are a few more examples that I'm using for those of you that would like them...
Letter B: Bird, Basket, Bowl, Ball Picture: Cole blowing bubbles, and Cole with his Blankie
Verse: The Beatitudes Matthew 5:1-12.
Letter F: Frog, Football, Fish, Feather Picture: Cole planting/smelling flowers
Verse: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that
whosoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ok friend, this is too cool but Will is way beyond his ABCs :) Wonder how I can do this with scripture? Hum.... When you get in the scrapbook mode let me know and we will plan a time to get together and I will bring my Cricut. Maybe once the boys are back in school we can hang out one day and work on our projects. I did a few pages last weekend and it has gotten me in the mood again big time! I will post some layouts I have done on my blog soon.
Great idea and just a nice keepsake. You are so crafty. I love the growth chart as well. I know what you mean about being behind on the scrapbooking - I think it is never ending.
Post a Comment