Monday, June 8, 2009

Monday's Menu

Now that our days of lunch on the beach and new restaurants for dinner are behind us, it's once again back to making out the weekly menu...

Monday: Grilling out ribs with friends...yum!
Tuesday: Chicken casserole, corn on the cob, salad
Wednesday: Meeting our small group at the park for a potluck dinner
Thursday: Salmon patties, yellow rice, fried okra, garlic bread
Friday: Pecan crusted chicken tenderloin salad w/ Maple BBQ dressing

Featured Recipe...
Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenderloin Salad w/ Maple BBQ Dressing:
1 1/2 lbs. chicken tenderloins
1 c. flour
1 c. plain bread crumbs
1 c. pecans; finely chopped
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 orange zest
veg. oil for frying
2 eggs mixed with a splash of milk

Heat 2 in. oil over medium high heat in skillet. Mix together bread crumbs, pecans, nutmeg, and orange zest in a shallow dish. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat chicken in flour, egg mixture, and bread crumb mixture. Fry 6-7 minutes and drain on a paper towel.

Dressing:
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. BBQ sauce
juice of one orange
1/4 c. EVOO

Combine ingredients and wisk in EVOO. Set aside in fridge until ready to use. Toss 3/4 dressing with romaine lettuce. Top with chicken tenders and remaining dressing.

Makes 4-6 servings...great with garlic bread! (You can also add feta cheese, tomatoes, etc. to the salad).

I received this recipe from a dear friend, Lizzy Deaton, through a mail recipe exchange.

2 comments:

MightyMouse said...

hahaha!
i was just about to post that I LOVE THAT CHICKEN!! and was going to say, hey did you get that from rachel ray . . .

then i read the end! :) it really is a wonderful recipe! :)

i love your peach pictures!!!

Holly said...

I know I'm back home in TN when I see "fried okra" on a menu! Would you believe that the grocery store I used just outside of Philly, a store that specialized in their produce, never carried okra? In fact, anytime I asked people, they would say, "Now, what is it called?" Welcome home!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com