Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday's Menu

**I highly recommend trying the Pecan Chicken Tenderloin salad that I posted last week.  My family loved it and the leftovers were just as delicious!
Keep your recipe ideas coming!

Monday: Beef Enchiladas, mexican rice 
Tuesday:  Crockpot Chicken & Dressing, oven roasted veggies, baked apples
Wednesday:  Hamburgers, homemade fries, baked beans
Thursday:  Bacon wrapped shrimp w/ orange spinach salad
Friday:  Baked ham, honeyed carrots, potato salad, crescent rolls

Recipe for the week:
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp w/ Orange Spinach Salad
Wrapped Shrimp:
8 fully cooked bacon slices
24 peeled/deveined shrimp (about 3/4 pound)
24 toothpicks
zest and juice of one large orange
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1/2 c. orange marmelade
herbs of your choice (I like to use a little fresh basil and thyme)
1/4 c. veg. oil

Coat grill rack with cooking spray and preheat grill.  Stack bacon slices and cut into three equal lengths. Wrap each shrimp with bacon and secure with toothpicks.  Mix remaining ingredients together to make the marinade.  Place shrimp in a medium bowl and pour marinade to coat.  Toss and let stand 5 minutes.  Place shrimp on grill and discard any remaining marinade.  Close lid (or cover with foil) and cook 6-8 minutes, or just until shrimp are pink.  Remove toothpicks and serve over Spinach Salad.

Orange Spinach Salad:
1/4 c. orange/poppy seed marinade
1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
bag of fresh spinach
1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges in light syrup; drained
1/4 c. shelled sunflower seeds

Whisk marinade and vinegar together in bowl until well blended.  Add remaining ingredients.  Top with shrimp and serve!


1 comment:

Brandee said...

Ooh, this salad sounds yummy! That crock pot chicken and dressing sounds good to. Do you mind passing that recipe on as well? I was going to do a post this week sometime too about the meals we have had this week. I went to the store on Saturday and had made a list of meals for the upcoming two weeks. I don't do set meals for set days because John will spontaneously go out to eat for lunch and not want dinner except cereal. But I find that a lot of times I will not have on hand things to make meals I want to make. I made a list of possible meals and we have been eating good the past two nights :) I will share soon....

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com