Thursday, June 11, 2009

Growth Chart

While visiting my parents after returning home from vacation, Michael and I received a great surprise. My dad had made a growth chart for Cole! I was sooo excited! I've been wanting one, and have looked for about a year, but could never find what I really wanted (or found it and wasn't willing to pay $100 for it!). Here was some of my criteria:

* a wooden chart that we could take with us when we move one day
* no specific theme so that it would match his room at any age
* picture frames to put pictures of Cole at various heights/ages
* a Scripture verse or reference
Well...my 'Superman' dad captured everything I wanted (he is so talented!). He bought a piece of wood and carved/painted all the details himself.
There are picture frames and a Scripture which reads "Growing in the knowledge of God" Col 1:10. I'm going to use my Uppercase Living business to make these words...dad thought I might want to choose the font and color :)
Thanks so much Dad for all of your hard work. This is such a special gift and will be treasured always. We love you!

2 comments:

Brandee said...

Love this!

Laura said...

I wish I could of been there when he gave this to you!! I have been there many of the nights that he was working on this...like you said, he really is talented! :)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com