Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anniversary Date

After writing a more insightful post about our anniversary yesterday, I thought I'd share what a wonderful day Michael and I had celebrating our love for one another.  
I woke up yesterday morning to a bouquet of beautiful flowers and a breakfast buffet...I was so impressed!  
Later that morning, Cole and I picked up some balloons for Michael and surprised him with them while he worked.
For our anniversary, Michael and I usually do something together (mini-vacation, date, etc.) and/or get something for the both of us.  We don't normally get each other individual gifts since it's so close to both Mother's and Father's Day.  This year, we got a new laptop (MacBook Pro) and iPod touch.  I must say that this was a total surprise to me!  The laptop is for me to do all of my UL business networking, emails, updates, photo books, etc.  I've used Michael's in the past, but now that Kyle is here working with Michael every day, I rarely have an opportunity to use the computer when it's not being used for business.  It's also nice that I can download my pics, etc. to a separate memory and free up more space for Michael's documents.  The iPod was a wonderful bonus that the Apple Store was offering with the computer when you purchased as a student.  Michael's wanted an iPod for a few years now, so this was the perfect opportunity to get one.  We took Kyle with us and they let us use his Nossi Student ID to go towards the incentive...yay!  Needless to say, we are enjoying our new 'toys' very much! 
  After a day of routine activities, Kyle, Laura, and Mattie came over to watch Cole and give Michael and I a night out.  We ate dinner at Fuji, a new Japanese Steak House that recently opened at The Streets.  They offer Hibachi style cooking, a sushi bar, and regular seating where you order from the menu.  We chose the Hibachi grill and weren't disappointed.  The food was delicious, our cook (Imel) put on a great show, and we left with full bellies.
I must add a hilarious side note here about our fortunes we received in our fortune cookies.  Mine said "someone is saying nice things about you", but Michael's cracked us up.  His said, "there is a prospect of a thrilling time ahead for you"....HA!!!
After dinner, we went to see the movie 'The Proposal'...we recommend it!  It was a great flick with the perfect amount of comedy and drama.  We ended our date by sitting on a bench by the fountains with ice cream from Marble Slab.  What a perfect day!

1 comment:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

Sounds like the perfect anniversary! Michael's fortune totally made me blush - LOL:) Glad that you guys were able to celebrate each other and take time for yourselves. I can't wait to play with your toys sometime too:)

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com