
As I look back, there's a lot that I would've told that young girl about the work, sacrifice, humbleness, and forgiveness it takes to have a successful marriage. Everyone always said that marriage took work, but it's like motherhood...you can never truly understand until you experience it yourself. Although Michael and I share a love like nothing I've ever known, it would be misleading to say that all of our moments have been "happy" ones. We've had our share of ups and downs, disagreements about money, parenting, and where to keep the thermostat, grief over the loss of our first baby, struggles with work...the list could continue. Because we are human, we will never have a "perfect" marriage; but we both know that with the Lord at our center guiding our decisions, words, and actions, we can experience a joy with one another that surpasses all the ways of the world in which we live. I'm so thankful that the Lord blessed me with such a godly, loving, generous, unselfish husband, and I pray that I can continue to be the wife that Michael deserves and needs.
A prayer for my husband...
Dear Lord, I lift up Michael to you. I thank you for creating him just for me and allowing us to share our lives together. I pray that you surround him with your love, peace, and joy and that he feels Your presence in every circumstance. I pray godly wisdom over him as the leader in our home, strength as he makes decisions for our family, peace as he provides for us, and joy as he shares your love with others. I thank you for his many gifts and talents and having the privilege of watching those bloom over these past eight years. Thank you for his generosity and unselfishness as he strives to give to those in need...may those traits continue to flow from him and take root in my own heart. Guide him daily, Lord, walk before him and teach him your ways.
A prayer for myself...
Lord, I thank you for creating me just for Michael and bringing us together to carry out your perfect plan for our lives. I pray that I will hide your Word in my heart so that I may be the wife that Michael needs and that brings glory to Your name. Help me to daily show Michael the respect and love he deserves as the leader in our home. Mold me into the godly wife I strive to be and strengthen the qualities of submissiveness, humbleness, and meekness in my life and marriage. As we walk this road together, help me encourage Michael when he is discouraged, praise his triumphs, and put his needs above my own. Thank you for blessing me with such a wonderful husband. Amen

1 comment:
Happy Anniversary dear friend. May God bless your marriage all the days of your lives! Your love and marriage are truly an inspiration to me.
Love you,
Brandee
Post a Comment