Ok...back to the road trip. :) Michael and I headed north early Friday morning (Cole stayed with Gigi) and arrived in Louisville by lunchtime. After a quick tour of their home, we loaded up and were ready to see the sights. We ate lunch at Mark's Bar-B-Que and took a drive downtown (I can't believe I left my camera at the house!!!). We toured the Seminary campus, saw A Woman's Choice where Charis works as the volunteer coordinator, and cruised down Frankfort Avenue and Bardstown Road. I loved looking at all the unique little shops and cafes...so many neat places to explore. We also strolled a local mall (found some great deals at Bath and Body Works...great sale going on!) and hit a local hiking/outdoor store...a must when our guys are together!
We came back to the house to chill and relax for a bit and then headed out that evening for dinner at Lynn's Paradise Cafe. Michael and I had requested that we eat at places with distinct 'Louisville' flavor (something unique to the city)...we were not disappointed! Lynn's is an ecletic restaurant with whimsy at every corner, both inside and out. The food was delicious and we had fun playing/posing with all the fun things in the gift shop. After dinner, we played a round of putt-putt (one of the hardest putt-putt courses I've ever played...my score was hideous), and then rounded off the evening with a scoop of ice cream from the Homemade Pie Kitchen. A quick game of Pegs-and-Jokers back at the house and then it was off to bed. What a busy day!
Saturday, we woke up bright and early and headed to the Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY (about 1- 1/2 hours from Louisville). None of us had ever been, and it sounded like such a neat thing to check out. William had heard great things about it, so we decided to spend the day there. I'll post about the museum separately...I've got quite a few pictures and comments about what we encountered. It was a fun day spent doing something totally different from our normal routine...exactly what we wanted! We arrived back at the Brown home that afternoon, played a little more Pegs, and then packed up to head home.
Although it was a whirlwind weekend, we enjoyed every moment spent with our precious friends. We love you William and Charis and can't wait to see you again soon!


2 comments:
It looks like you guys had a wonderful trip! I miss those guys and it's wonderful to see Jake and their cute new home too. Wish that Lynn's Paradise cafe was closer - it looked SO fun! Glad you guys got to have a getaway!
How fun! I can't wait to hear about and see the pictures from the Creation Museum! I think you are right about taking Will. He would love that!
Post a Comment