I can't believe that it's already time for the Fourth of July festivities. Where has the year gone?To celebrate America, Cole and I made some of our own Independence Day decorations this week.
For starters, we're hosting our first ever July 4th cookout at our home and I saw a cute, easy, CHEAP, way to make some hanging pom-poms for outside decor. The steps are super simple to follow...
Step 1: Layer 9 sheets of tissue paper in any color pattern you choose (I chose red, white, and blue of course!). I also cut these sheets in half to make two small pom-poms. Keep the sheets whole to make a large one.
Step 2: Fan fold the short side of the paper from one end to the other.
Step 3: Using a piece of ribbon, string, or chenille stick, tie the fan together in the middle.
Step 4: Using scissors, cut a pattern on each end...I just made a simple V shape.
Step 5: Starting at one end, slowly peel apart the tissue paper layers.

Step 6: Peel apart the opposite side and Voila! Beautiful pom-pom! Hang with fishing line or string.
While I was making our outdoor decor, Cole wanted to be artsy as well. I gave him my tissue paper scraps, drew a flag on a white piece of paper, and let him glue a picture of Old Glory. He did a fantastic job and was so proud of his flag.
We're in the process of teaching him the Pledge of Allegiance and some songs about America. It's so cute to hear him repeat them :)
Now that our decor is underway...let's hope it doesn't rain!



2 comments:
Love your decor! And Cole is so talented making his flag - again I say will you raise Briley...or at least do art projects with her?
Love the pom-poms!!!! He is so cute with his flag :) He did a great job mom!
Post a Comment