Sunday, July 19, 2009

What An Eventful Day!

Yesterday was a wonderful day.  Not only was the weather gorgeous (it felt like September!), but so many exciting things took place to truly mark this as a special day.

#1:  Kyle is ENGAGED!  Yay!!  I'm so happy for my sweet brother and his fiance, Laura.  Kyle proposed on the beach at sunset yesterday in Florida.  He visits there every year with Laura and her family.  It was the perfect place for such a special moment.  She was so surprised!  I'll be sure to post pictures of the happy couple when they return next week.

#2:  We celebrated my Grandaddy's b'day yesterday evening.  We've made it a tradition for our family to gather mid-July to enjoy the summer weather and celebrate my grandaddy.  We enjoyed a few games of Cornhole (my team was the champ!), some good food, and a sweet time with those we love.

Wes and Callie
Cole (with a mouthful of food) and Mommy
Cole collecting sticks and rocks for his trucks to haul
Happy Birthday Grandaddy!

Blow out the candles!
Cole giving everyone fist-bumps before they leave
Listening to his music on Daddy's IPod while we finished our Cornhole game.  Can't believe it was cool enough for a jacket! 
Hugs for all!
#3:  This is probably the most exciting for us...Michael bought a HARLEY!!!  Yep...a Harley Davidson Sportster (go ahead and pray for me...daily!).  Last summer, he took the Motorcyle License course at Vol State and finished top of his class.  Ever since, he's been saving up and looking to find the perfect bike.  On Friday, he test drove a bike from the Harley dealership in Rivergate.  That's when I knew he was getting serious, and I was getting nervous!  Yesterday, he headed to Cool Springs to check out the lot there, and found a beautiful bike.  Chromed out, amazing sound, 2006 model, only 1,000 miles, and in his price range.
  
He kept calling me throughout the morning with all the details.  With every call, I could hear the excitement build in his voice and was just waiting for the words "I bought it".  When he came home around 2:00 with a smile stretched from ear to ear, I knew that he was now the proud owner of a motorcycle :)
Although I'm still getting used to the idea of being a biker babe (ha!!), I'm so happy for Michael.  He was diligent in saving and looking to find exactly what he wanted.  This has always been his dream and I'm happy to share this moment with him.  He'll pick the bike up tomorrow and I'll post pics of my handsome hunk on his new ride :)  Pink chaps...here I come! 

3 comments:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

Whoa - what a big weekend!! Congrats to Kyle and Laura and also to Mike with his bike!! You ARE a good wife:)

Brandee said...

WOW! What a weekend! I can't wait to see Michael on his bike and so exciting about your brother! I will be praying for you :) John was telling Will yesterday on the way to Emmie's basketball game that when he has his midlife crisis he will get a bike or a jeep or both :) We had to drive all the way out past Belle Meade and had to pass Saint Thomas and when we said he said, "WHEN I have my heart attack I want to go there." It was funny at the time, because he did not say "if" he said "when." So he is planning his mid-life crisis getting a convertible and motorcycle then he will have heart attack and go to Saint Thomas. Then I said we will go retire NOT in TN, the allergy capitol, but where the climate is stable :)

Holy Cow! Canada said...

Oh I am so not telling Shane about this! Congratulations to Kyle!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com