Friday, July 24, 2009

It's Christmas in July!

Last summer, a friend of mine hosted a 'Christmas in July' party at her home for her kiddos and their friends.  Cole and I went and had such a fun time!  
I loved the idea of having a playdate centered around such a cute theme, so I decided to host a party of our own this year.

I sent out Christmas invites, gathered red/green decor, and pulled out my Christmas CD's to really give our party a holiday feel.  Yes...I even found my candycane and holly headband which I wore proudly throughout our fun day :)
We had 9 moms and 11 kiddos join us at our home for the fun.  The Lord blessed us with a gorgeous, sunny day for pool/water play, and the tent Michael placed in the yard was the perfect amount of shade for us moms to sit and chat.

Alexis, Jacob, Dagen, and Cole enjoying the water
Andrew loved mowing the grass
The Hall crew in the pool...Casey, Alexis, and Jacob
Jessica and sweet Jonah...he'll really join in the fun next year!

Briley and Jonah playing while the 'big' kids do a craft

After an hour of fun in the sun, we ate a delicious potluck lunch, let the kids exchange gifts (they each had a name prior to the party for easy shopping), decorated Christmas trees with crayons and sequins, and decorated Christmas tree sugar cookies with icing and sprinkles (which Cole helped me bake the night before).

Exchanging gifts...
Cole loved his sidewalk chalk and Thomas book from Preston

Trying to get a pic of Preston and Cole...Cole was too interested in the book :)

Decorating Christmas trees...



Decorating and eating yummy cookies!


Before heading home, everyone came inside for some dry clothes (and cool air!)...and of course the kids spotted the train set.  It was hilarious watching all of them playing with the set in a not-so-big room.  I must say, with a room full of 1-3 year olds, they shared and played very well :)

We had so much fun and will definitely host this again next year.  I believe it will be a new summer tradition for us.  Merry Christmas! 

2 comments:

John, Angela, and Briley Barker said...

Adrian - we loved the party yesterday! You are so talented in just putting things together and making your home feel so warm to visitors. We can't wait to make it our tradition too with you!

Holy Cow! Canada said...

Wow - you are so creative. I told Shane that I wish I was as creative as you in the fun that you do - he said - "Wait until they have two!" Seriously - you are a great Mom and Briley in her Christmas dress totally made me smile and say - Yep that child will always be styling!

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com