One thing I've really enjoyed (and Michael too!) is that over the past 3-4 months, I don't think I've repeated more than 2-3 meals. I've really begun to enjoy thumbing through my cookbooks (instead of using them for kitchen decor only!), trying new recipes of friends, and browsing the internet/TV for some new ideas. There truly are tons of EASY, FAST ideas out there...it's just taking the time to look :)
Monday: Sweet n' Sour Pork Chops, saffron rice, broccoli n' cheese, honeyed carrots.
Tuesday: Burrito Pie, Fruit Salsa w/ cinnamon tortilla chips
Wednesday: Chicken w/ peppercorn sauce, garlic potato cakes, tomato salad
Thursday: Lasagna, pepperoni bread roll
Friday: French onion beef roast, carrots and potatoes, Caesar salad
Weekly Recipes:
Pepperoni Bread Roll:
1 Tbsp. butter
1 (13.8 oz) refrigerated pizza crust dough
24 pepperoni slices
1/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl. Lay pizza dough flat on work surface and spread butter evenly over dough. Sprinkle evenly with remaining ingredients. Fold over one side of dough (about 2 inches wide) and gently pat down folded side. Continue to fold over until seam is on bottom. Cut 1/2 inch slits in top of dough about 2 inches apart. Place on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Serve.
From Publix Apron's Simple Meals Recipes
Chicken w/ Peppercorn Sauce:
1 lb. chicken tenderloins
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
3/4 c. reduced fat milk
1 (1 oz. ) pkg. peppercorn sauce mix
Preheat large saute pan on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Place chicken and mustard in medium bowl; toss chicken to coat evenly. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan using tongs; cook 2 minutes on each side. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve.
From Publix Apron's Simple Meals Recipes
Sweet n' Sour Pork Chops:
8 thick boneless pork chops
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. chili sauce
1/2 c. honey
Place pork chops in a shallow baking pan. Combine soy sauce, chili sauce, and honey; pour over chops. Bake, covered, at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Delicious over yellow rice!
From my Sumner County School Nutrition Cookbook...submitted by Tamera Clark

3 comments:
Tuesday sounds really good! I love that fruit salsa with the cinnamon chips. I get so tired of the same things, but with two picky eaters who are picky in different ways it makes meals hard :) Glad you guys are finding some wonderful new things!
Will you come cook for me?
Those cinnamon chips sound REALLY good!!! I will be needing that recipe!
Post a Comment