I heart Goodwill. This past year, I've actually become quite good at scouring the store for great deals on name brand clothing and other items. Many times I've left empty handed, but when you find a hidden treasure, it's so worth the trip! Not sure if Michael is on board with my new found fettish - I just keep reminding him, "Janie and Jack would be $30 in the store, I got it for $1!!".
Along with these items, I found GAP carpenter jeans, Tommy jeans (both with adjustable waistbands), a cute Gymboree sweater, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse DVD for Cole. Cole's wearing his new found purchases and is currently napping, so no pics today :)
Knowing that Cade will be a spring baby, I've been on the lookout for sweet short-sleeved outfits. Cole was born in November, so even his little sleepers are fleece - some things we can reuse, but this new little buddy will need quite the wardrobe of his own. I've been restraining myself on buying 6-12 month things for winter. . . trying to wait and see how he grows (so hard to do. . . especially when all the winter things are now sooooo cheap!). Cole was always (and still is) much smaller in clothing than his actual age. If Cade follows the 'average' curve, he'll catch up to his brother in no time and may not need many other items at all.
We also hit up another favorite store, Little Ones and Reruns, today. All of their fall/winter clothing and shoes are 50% off - talk about self-control. . . whew! Believe it or not, I left with only one outfit - a cute Janie and Jack overall set for Cole. There were tons of sweet things for Cade, but again, I'm waiting patiently to see how he grows.

I also keep reminding myself that spring consignment sale season is just around the corner. I shout for joy. . . Michael groans :)
Lastly, another sweet treasure given to us were spring/summer baby boy clothes from Jessica. Jonah was a March baby and she's letting us borrow his precious 0-6 month things. With the arrival of Eve come May, her home is on the lookout for all things pink :) We're so thankful that she thought to bless us with this wonderful gift!
Looking at all these things strewn about in Cade's soon-to-be nursery makes me long for his arrival even more. I can't wait to meet this precious boy!







3 comments:
You're a girl after my own heart. :) Great finds!
And I already have ALL our clothes tagged and hung and ready to drop off for the coming sales. You'll have to race me to the door!
Awww! I LOVE THIS POST!! I'm with you on the thrift finds! It always feel so good to stumble across those treasures!! :) It's almost like a game for me sometimes. . . :) I'm quite fond of baby boy clothes. Brings back sweet memories of Jonah. I seriously hope God brings another boy into our home one day! :) I'm getting so excited about Cade!! Hoping he has Cole's adorable baby cheeks!! ;)
I can't believe your amazing finds!! Those close are PRECIOUS! Cade is going to be so adorable in them. YOu must teach me your Goodwill ways - my husband might even pay you!! :)
Post a Comment