I love the lessons we learn from our children. Although we are the older, supposedly wiser ones, it's amazing what these little lives can teach us.
Today, we were happy to venture OUT of the house after being snow bound for the past three days. We met Laura for lunch at Chick-Fil-A (Cole's restaurant of choice), headed to Target to purchase a few needed items, and finished our errand run at Goodwill (where I found some great deals).
One of our list items for Target was chap stick for Cole. He's been using mine the past few days and when I told him we'd buy some of his own, he was thrilled! We found a Hershey Kiss scented/flavored balm in the $1.00 bin - he couldn't wait to open it. All afternoon/evening, it's stayed in his hands or his pocket - that is when he's not lathering it all over the lower half of his face. It's hilarious to watch!

Love the chocolate mustache
Another favorite purchase was this set of binoculars we found at Goodwill. Cole's worn these most of the evening as well and even watched a bit of a favorite show, Wipeout, through the lenses.

If there's any type of camera nearby, Cole MUST take a few pictures. With an uncle as a professional photographer, I think the 'photo' gene might run in the family. He's actually quite good!
It amazes me how these very simple things could bring so much joy, entertainment, and contentment. If only my soul would learn to take delight in the small things and recognize the unnoticed blessings of our everyday life. Thank you Cole for reminding me that it truly is the little things that matter most.
41. Cool Whip
42. lots and lots of Cool Whip
43. hopping into a warmed up vehicle
44. a delicious dinner - that I didn't have to cook!
45. the love of family
46. sleeping in
47. the $1 bin at Target - how I love you...
48. vulnerable friends - reminding me that I'm not alone
49. worship CDs
50. hearing Cole quote Scripture (my fav!)

No comments:
Post a Comment