Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sweet Notes. . . Sweet Cause

I received an email today from a friend with the sweetest message written by her 8 year old son - I just had to share!


This precious family has four kiddos, two homemade and two adopted from Rwanda (they actually just celebrated their 1 year Gotcha Day on Sunday).  Their oldest son, Silas, truly has a heart for orphans and for sharing God's love around the globe.  To support our church's final 'Crazy Love' offering (all proceeds have gone to build an orphan village in Haiti and one is in the process of being built in Uganda - 1.8 million given so far!) this little boy is selling notecards made with his original artwork.  They are precious!  Click on the site above (their family blog) to purchase - I know I will!

** Please pray for our orphanage/village in Jeremie, Haiti.  Cholera has struck and we've lost two of our precious boys. . . Job and Jackson.  Eight more are sick, but their recovery is optimistic.  Our church is providing a medical team asap and we've already placed five doctors on site.  They have detected the source of the cholera into the village so hopefully this disease will cease to spread in that area.
Haiti is filled with witch doctors that claim to have all the answers. . . voodoo is rampant.  We're praying that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will go forth, even through this tragic time to show the healing and redemptive power of the TRUE God.   

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com