Monday, January 17, 2011

Sweet Conversations

Last night, after prayers, singing, and tucking in, Cole asked Michael and I a question. . .

"Why couldn't we save Jesus?"

It took Michael and I by surprise. Our Bible story for the evening was Jonah and the Big Fish - no idea where that sweet thought came from other than the Father himself.

I responded, "What do you mean?"

Cole: On the cross. . . why couldn't we save him?

Mommy and Daddy: Jesus came from Heaven to live on earth and die for our sins. He is SO POWERFUL and could've saved himself, but he chose to die because he loved us. He could've run away or climbed down off the cross, but he stayed, and died, to save us. Even though it was a long time ago, he loved YOU and US - even then - he wanted us to be with him forever!
And remember, he didn't stay dead. . . he rose again!

Cole: Mommy, when I get bigger, I'm going to die on the cross and save you too.

Oh my goodness. Michael and I just looked at each other with tears in our eyes. The love, faith, and innocence of a child. . . so overwhelming. . .

We of course explained that no one has to die on the cross again for us to be saved. That Jesus made a way to Heaven when he died and rose again.

Cole just smiled and said something like, "Daddy, I got a prize out of the Treasure Box today!"

Little minds. . . always on the move :)

Lord, help us. . . strengthen us. . . guide us as we try to take advantage of the short, sweet moments to teach about your love.

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com